Countdown to Mardi Gras 2015 at Café Nola
Celebrate Mardi Gras with Us in 60 days!!
NOLA's Homemade Red or White Sangria..by the pitcher or glass
Premium White Wine Selections
Sweet White Wines
Listed from sweetest to least sweet
- Barefoot Moscato (California)
- Full of juicy peach and ripe apricot flavors, with citrusy hints of lemon and orange and a bright, crisp finish.
- Beringer White Zinfandel (California)
- Vibrant, fresh strawberry, honeydew and citrus aromas and flavors.
- Schmitt Sohne "Relax" Riesling (Germany)
- Intense flavors of apples and peaches with just a hint of citrus.
A wonderful match for Crawfish Étouffé!
- Hermann J Weimer Semi-Dry Reisling (Finger Lakes, NY)
- An exceptionally smooth, pleasant wine in the true Spatlese Rhine style. It has a lovely balanced nose and taste with a soft finish.
Dry Light Intensity White Wines
Listed from milder to stronger
- Ecco Domani Pinot Grigio (Italy)
- Light citrus and floral aromas with hints of tropical fruit flavors.
Enjoy this refreshing white wine with the Chicken Pecan Salad!
- Matua Sauvignon Blanc (New Zealand)
- Fresh and zingy with intense ripe citrus and passion fruit characters.
- Natura Casablanca Valley Sauvignon Blanc by Emillana
- A juicy, crisp white, it is lightly oaked with ripe tropical fruit balanced by zesty acidity and chalky minerality. Vibrant and fresh it can be sipped as an apéritif or paired with dishes from grilled salmon to pasta in a cream sauce.
Dry Medium Intensity White Wines
- Mirassou Chardonnay (California)
- Intense flavors of peaches and nectarines with pear and vanilla notes.
Great with Alligator Bites!
- William Hill Winery Chardonnay
- Elegant, ripe tree fruit flavors of baked apple, supported by layered notes of toasty oak, caramel and brown spice. The wine has a moderate mouthfeel and sweetness, balanced by refined acidity.
- Berringer Chardonnay
- This fully integrated wine delivers the brightest and most sought-after characteristics of a great Chardonnay. Tropical aromas and flavors with hints of green apples and juicy pears delight the palate while balanced acidity and hints of oak deliver a smooth, satisfying finish.
Premium Red Wine Selections
Light Intensity Red Wines
- Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages
- Strong red purple color. Fresh red fruits on the nose with a hint of dark cherry. Slightly spicy with a touch of grey pepper, licorice and a touch of rose flower.
- Canyon Road Pinot Noir (California)
- A silky blend of dark cherry and hints of raspberry complement the aromas of brown spices.
Pairs well with Catfish Étouffé!
Medium Intensity Red Wines
- Colores del Sol Malbec Reserva
- Deep ruby in color with bright purple hues. Intense aromas of ripe blackberry and hints of spice lead into a rich, fruit-driven palate, dominated by flavors of raspberry and black cherry.
- Spanish Demon Tempranillo Rioja Alta Joven
- A “Joven” style wine that receives no oak treatment at all, leaving the fruit very pure and flavors very clean and refreshing. You’ll find aromas and flavors of juicy blackberry and black plum that gain surprising complexity from accents of smoke, bitter chocolate, and spice.
- Cellar No 8 Zinfandel
- Deep ruby in color. A classic California Zinfandel with intense notes of blackberry and spice with juicy black cherry, black pepper and chocolate on the palate.
- Alamos Malbec
- Dark purple color with violet highlights. The nose offers bright black cherry aromas with light floral notes and a touch of toast. The mouthfeel is full and rich, with ripe, concentrated cassis and black raspberry fruit interwoven with a touch of chocolate and sweet spice from light oak aging.
- Red Rock Merlot (California)
- Lush concentrations of ripe cherry, strawberry, raspberry, and slight vanilla aromas with flavors of briery blackberry and raspberry.
- Kenwood Vineyards "Yulupa" Cabernet Sauvignon (California)
- Cassis and blackberry aromas followed by complex notes of dark chocolate and olives. Medium-bodied with an excellent finish.
- Concha y Toro Carménère "Casillero del Diablo Reserve" (Central Valley, Chile)
- Notes of plums, black fruit, chocolate and spice on the nose. Well-balanced and round, with firm tanmins.
An excellent match with Gumbo!
- Apothic Red "Winemaker's Blend" Merlot-Syrah-Zinfandel (California)
- Intense fruit aromas and flavors of blackberry and dark cherry layered with hints of mocha, chocolate and brown spice.
This red wine blend goes great with Red Beans and Rice!
- Penfolds "Koonunga Hill" Shiraz (Australia)
- Deep, dark fruit on the palate with plum, blueberry and dark cherry flavors followed by dark chocolate notes.
Full Intensity Red Wines
- Pindar Vineyards Cabernet Blend "Pythagoras" (Long Island, NY)
- A non-vintage rich blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Merlot, Petit Verdot and Malbec. Dry, complex, a subtle fruity bouquet dominates the palate.
- Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager
- Voodoo is... dark, mysterious, and richly flavorful!
A perfect match with Étouffé!
- Dixie Lager
- Enjoy this traditional New Orleans brew with Fried Oysters!
- Abita Purple Haze®
- Purple Haze® is a lager brewed with real raspberries added after filtration. It is
brewed with pilsner and wheat malts and Vanguard hops. The berries add a fruity aroma, tartly sweet taste
and a subtle purple color and haze...you may see fruit pulp in the beer.
Great compliment to the Chicken Pecan Salad!!
- Abita Turbodog
- Turbodog® is a dark brown ale brewed with pale, caramel, and chocolate malts and Willamette hops.
This combination gives Turbodog® its rich body and color and a sweet chocolate, toffee-like flavor. Turbodog®
began as a specialty ale, but has gained a huge, loyal following and has become one of Abita's flagship brews.
Pairs well with Crawfish Jambalaya!
- Abita Restoration
- Restoration Pale Ale® is brewed with pale, caramel and carapils malts. It is liberally
hopped and dry hopped with Cascade hops. This golden ale has a rich body, mild bitterness, and a snappy citrus
hop flavor and aroma.
The citrus flavor and aroma make it an excellent choice with most fish.
- Abita Jockamo IPA
- Abita Jockamo IPA® is an American IPA brewed with pale, red, and caramel malts. This
copper-colored ale is liberally hopped and dry hopped with Willamette and Columbus hops. The flavor is bold
like the "Mardi Gras Indians" who march through New Orleans in suits of feathers and beads. Jockamo has a
flavor that entices and excites the palate.
The intense hop character adds more spice to the meal and makes
it a perfect choice to team up with many spicy dishes.
- Abita Light
- Abita Light is an all-malt lager brewed with pilsner and carapils malts and Vanguard
hops. It is the smoothest and most flavorful light beer you'll ever taste. Crisp and refreshing with a mild
hop aroma, it has only 118 calories and 8 carbs.
Great with almost anything, it's an excellent choice for lighter foods and salads too.
- Abita Amber
- Amber is a Munich style lager brewed with crystal malt and Perle hops. It has a smooth,
malty, slightly caramel flavor and a rich amber color. Abita Amber was the first beer offered by the brewery
and continues to be our leading seller. Amber is Abita's most versatile beer for pairing with food. It has
been voted "best beer" in numerous New Orleans reader polls and is used frequently in recipes of great Louisiana chefs.
- Abita Andy Gator
- Abita Andygator®, a creature of the swamp, is a unique, high-gravity brew made with
pale malt, German lager yeast, and German Perle hops. Unlike other high-gravity brews, Andygator® is fermented
to a dry finish with a slightly sweet flavor and subtle fruit aroma. Reaching an alcohol strength of 8% by volume,
it is a Helles Dopplebock.
You might find it goes well with fried foods. It pairs well with just about anything made with crawfish. Some
like it with a robust sandwich. Because of the high alcohol content, be cautious - sip it for the most enjoyment.
- Abita S.O.S.®
- Abita S.O.S.® (Save Our Shore) - a charitable pilsner is a message in a bottle...a distress
signal for the troubled waters of our Gulf Coast. For every bottle sold, Abita donates 75¢ to the rescue and
restoration of the environment, industry and individuals fighting to survive the disastrous gulf oil spill.
This unfiltered Weizen Pils is made with pilsner and wheat malts. It is hopped and dry hopped with Sterling
and German Perle hops. It has a brilliant gold color, a sweet malt flavor, and a pleasant bitterness and aroma.
- Mississippi Mud
- Quart size bottle. Dating back to 18th century England, the custom of blending pale
and dark beers has kept the "Black & Tan" a favorite of experienced beer drinkers for centuries. Mississippi Mud's
recipe combines a robust English Porter with a fine Continental Pilsner, preserving the character of each,
while creating the classic taste of the legendary "Black & Tan". In true American style, it brings you
the best of both beers as they meet in Mississippi Mud.